How can I keep my spouse from selling property before we divorce?

Some counties in Indiana have standing rules that prohibit either spouse from getting rid of any property during the duration of a divorce. This includes Hamilton county. However, in the event that you believe your spouse is going to be getting rid of property, you have the ability to seek what’s called a temporary restraining order. The temporary restraining order prohibits either spouse from getting rid of any of the property that they own that is marital property, meaning any property whether it’s titled in your name, your spouse’s name, or both parties names.

– Answered by Jaimie Cairns of Cairns & Rabiola

For information on a free phone consultation, contact us.

Why Choose Cairns Law?

  • Personal, Practical and Professional Service
  • Cost-effective Solutions
  • Experience in all matters of family law cases
  • Free 30 Minute Phone Consultation
  • Flexible Payment Options